Friday, April 5, 2019

Writing the script for my CCR

I've got this! Exactly as planned I'm currently halfway through writing the script to my CCR! I decided to make a post halfway through instead of when I'm done because I want the analysis  I present in this post (about what I've written so far) to help guide the rest of my reflection process.

My Vlogs VS My CCR

First of all, I'm so glad I decided to start vlogging my project a while ago! I've gotten used to explain some of my process in front of a camera and it's a great communication & storytelling medium! The biggest difference between my vlogs and my CCRT is the fact that my CCR is scripted, whereas I improvised my vlogs. 

Scripting My CCR

Scripting my CCR is the best possible decision because I'll be able to communicate my reflection effectively! I have determined I want it to last about 7:30 max because this will help me filter my thoughts, leaving only the necessary information; therefore, scripting also helps my CCR be more ---  It also saves A LOT of time!! When I recorded my vlogs it took upwards of 15 times to get ONE single scene right, having a script to follow will make my CCR a lot faster to records and to edit because I won't have to go through countless bloopers.

I want to make my CCR as entertaining and engaging as possible, scripting it allows me to work on developing that engagement/entertainment by trying different things on the script and seeing their flow on the overall picture. Scripting also allows me to develop my answers to the critical reflection questions, I can constantly revise my answers and find missing links between ideas or find new, more effective, ways to deliver them!

What I have so far...
Like I mentioned, I'm half-way through writing my script; I've answered 2 sets of the questions so far (How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues? AND How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?). I'm formatting my CCR is similar to my blog posts, in order to make it easier to digest the information (especially since both the audio & the visuals will be providing information) I'm splitting into 4 segments, one for each question. Having segments also opens up a world of fun transition possibilities that help the CCR be more engaging and entertaining! I'm feeling really good about the timing too, I would love to talk for 15-20 minutes about all the decisions and their reasoning, but I've made it my priority to only answer the questions, summarize the process, and reflect how it's helped me improve my skills. I estimate it'll probably be around 6:30!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Begining

Hello! My name is Luis! I’m a creative extrovert that enjoys studying advanced management, business, and media. Welcome to my Media Studie...