Friday, April 5, 2019

That's A Wrap!

After making version #3 I emailed 5 people of the focus group with the new and -what I personally consider- the best version. The response was so good that I sent it to some of the other members of the focus group that I hadn't originally emailed and they agreed, this version was just right! At the request of one of the members, I sent it to her husband who works supervising the editing for TV production; he was very impressed! I am really proud of version 3 and very confident in it does its job right!

 All I did to finish it was add the opening credits! For the Actors, I simply put their names (including mine because I did the voice over which is voice acting); after looking at some movie opening credits non of them put the actor's name along with the character they play, just their name. For every other role, I specified the role in its credit; for example, "Cinematography: Luis Andres Lageyre". Since my dad and I share the same name, I included our middle name to help differentiate us in the credits. I manually made sure every credit was the same font size and was roughly in the same position so the transition from name to name would be seamless.

Screen capture of the credit writing process.

FUN FACT: In an interesting coincidence, all the names shown have either a "Luis" or an "Enrique" in them.

I like the way the 2011 film "The Help" introduced its title, I'm doing something similar since I already had included that last shot! Instead of simply superimposing a picture on top of my video, my title is much more subtle; it doesn't break the flow of the opening, it's embedded in it.

 Title from the award-winning movie 2011 "The Help"


An on-set photo of the title for my opening film.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but THAT'S A WRAP ON MY FILM OPENING!!! Now it's time for my CCR! Can't wait to have an update on that later tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Begining

Hello! My name is Luis! I’m a creative extrovert that enjoys studying advanced management, business, and media. Welcome to my Media Studie...