Saturday, April 6, 2019

Editing My CCR

Hey there! Hi there! Ho there! It's 11:50pm! I am nowhere near editing and there's a good reason why. There is no time for me to make a post about how shooting my CCR went, instead, before I get into editing, here's a bullet-pointed summary:

  • I set up my room
  • I couldn't find the mic
  • I found the mic
  • The camera died after recording 2 videos
  • I charged the camera
  • I freaked out because it wasn't charging fast enough
  • I took the battery before it was done charging
  • My parents failed to tell me they had arranged a Latino gathering at my house
  • LOUD music
  • I DIY soundproofed my room
  • I recorded it all
  • I sat down to edit
  • ALL the videos where blurry
  • I had a small mental breakdown
  • I re-recorded the scenes where I'm seen on my camera
  • The mic quality from the old videos didn't match the new videos
  • I re-recorded the off-screen dialogue to match the same quality
  • The microphone broke before I finished 
  • I found another mic but the quality didn't match
  • Oh well!
  • I sat down to edit
Well, there it is, this all happened... SO FUN!! This delayed the entire post-production of the CCR, but I struggled through it and now I'm editing! Here's the breakdown:

Segments
Like I mentioned in my scripting post, I'm separating the 4 set of questions into 5 segments: Overview/Genre, Representation, Distribution/Audience Engagement, Production, and Tech. I'm only "done" with Overview/Genre and I'm almost "done" with Representation ("Done" in quotation marks because I know they'll have to be revised). I'm giving every segment its own unique stylistic personality by changing music, passing, and the type of visuals in each one. Sure, there's some overlap, but they are differentiable! Part of that is because of the transition between each one!

Transitions
I love the transitions, they allow me to infuse my CCR with creativity by moving into each segment in a fun way! Whether it be a catchphrase or the use of a green screen ( I think I know how to do that), each transition is both fun for me to edit and entraining for the audience. I'll also to include some "Fun Fact" at the bottom of the phrase after most transitions as a way to point out easter eggs in my CCR. 

I'm in this one for the long run! I'm committed to making a high-quality CCR that is engaging and something I'm proud to have my name on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Begining

Hello! My name is Luis! I’m a creative extrovert that enjoys studying advanced management, business, and media. Welcome to my Media Studie...