Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Editing Day #2

Today was my second day of editing! I made a lot of progress today, I am now only about 10 seconds away from finishing the opening! I added the rest of the audio tracks I needed, now my project has a total of 6 layers of visuals & audio (I haven't added the opening credits & title which will make it about 8 layers in total). I showed the draft to my mom, who worked in the media industry for many years, she pointed out that my audio wasn't clear and told me that was affecting the delivery of content necessary for the viewer to exercise the "rule of 2+2".



Like it can be seen in the video above, after reviewing the audio I decided to play around with audio levels to find the one that would allow the voice over to be heard through both the static sound and the background music. After you could distinguish my voice from the background, I decided to add quick decreases and increases in the audio level (which I call "dips"); these "dips" help emphasize what's being said and contribute to the tone of the opening by creating a dramatic and suspenseful delivery of the lines.

The first "dip" on the music track

Lastly, I want to make sure that an audience member with no background about the project can understand the film and grasp the opening's promise. I assembled a focus group of people with no knowledge of the AICE Media curriculum to watch and interpret the film,  once the opening is fully edited on early afternoon Friday, I will send them a link and read their reactions, questions, and comments. It might be too late to re-edit somethings at that point, but I'll have peace of mind if everything goes as I hope! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Begining

Hello! My name is Luis! I’m a creative extrovert that enjoys studying advanced management, business, and media. Welcome to my Media Studie...