Wednesday, April 3, 2019

I'M READY!

The first episode of Spongebob aired on May 1, 1999. The episode featured a scene of SpongeBob over enthusiastically saying "IM READY!" over and over again as he walked towards the Krusty Krab restaurant ... Today, I AM SpongeBob, and the finish line for this project is my Krusty Krab!

Screen grab of the SpongeBob episode

I'm finally ready to import the final clip to my timeline and FINISH THE OPENING! This is really exciting because I'm ahead of what I anticipated! I thought I'd finish editing on early Friday afternoon but since I'm done recording early, I'll just jump into editing tomorrow! I'll hopefully be finished by tomorrow night which leaves all of Friday to write the script for my CCR, get feedback from the focus group, and set everything up so that I can get recording early Saturday morning!

PS: Here are some comments on the last day of shooting!

I only had one scene to shoot (the file cabinet scene from my storyboard). I shot the scene at school, I asked my ex-business teacher if I could use her room after school to shoot and she agreed! My former business teacher, Mrs.Reid, had to leave at 3:00... School gets out at 4:45... So, I only had 10 minutes to set up my shooting space, 25 minutes to shoot it all, and 5 to clean up. I successfully put up a black background in 10 minutes! (Even though it kept falling because the tape wasn't strong enough). The most difficult thing in today's shoot was framing, I didn't have a set like in my garage, I had a backdrop, which made it difficult to get interesting shots by utilizing angles; instead, I'll make the shots more engaging in post-production.


Fun Fact: I didn't tell my business teacher exactly what I was going to do in her room and she was on a skype call when I recorded it, so picture this... I walked into her room, she can't address me directly because she's on a call but she acknowledges me with a wave of her hand off-screen, I suddenly start putting up black plastic curtains for no reason, pretty much hijack her computer car to serve as a filing cabinet, and start to shoot video and take pictures... She was SO confused!! I was able to explain what I was doing after she hung up so it didn't seem completely random, she's super excited to see the final cut as am I!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Begining

Hello! My name is Luis! I’m a creative extrovert that enjoys studying advanced management, business, and media. Welcome to my Media Studie...