Monday, April 1, 2019

Editing Day #1

What a great way to start my week off! Today was my first day of editing and for the first time in a long time, I feel as though I can pull this off on time!

I uploaded and checked all my videos on Thursday so all I had to do to start today was upload the re-shoot videos. I definitely think that the shots from the re-shoot fit perfectly with some of the original videos; some simply flow, which makes my life editing just a little bit easier.  I realized I didn't ask my dad to make a specific set of movements which I could simply record from different angles, I just said "look busy" which was certainly a mistake because I had to watch EVERY video over and over again to find the ones that had similar movements so that the scene didn't look choppy.


Like you can see in the video, I had to in many cases go frame-by-frame in order to achieve a flowing moment between shots (I also matched the sound coming from each video so that it's constant). Thankfully, WeVideo allows me to see every single frame, this means I can cut a shot halfway through a hand motion and switch to a shot that completes that motion (like in the video above). I also added the music, I decided to give the track from WeVideo a try because I like how it matches the very begging of my piece. Speaking of audio, here's a short break down of my audio so far:

Picture pointing out the audio tracks currently in my project (zoomed out) 

The picture above highlights all the audio tracks I currently have in my project, as I continue to edit my project over the next few days I will be adding more. Currently, I have the music (non-diegetic sound), the recording (diegetic sound and transition to voice-over), and paper sounds (diegetic).

I like how the video is coming together! One of the only complains I have about WeVideo is that when viewing the preview is could sometimes be jumpy, just to ensure that the video is coming out exactly as I want it, I processed the video and downloaded it to make sure both the editing and the quality are up to my standards. Here's what I have so far:


The clock is slowly ticking on this project! I plan to have the entire opening done on Friday; yes, it does leave a short time to record my CCR, but I plan on writing my script for the CCR on Thursday which should alleviate some of the pressure of filming on Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Begining

Hello! My name is Luis! I’m a creative extrovert that enjoys studying advanced management, business, and media. Welcome to my Media Studie...