Wednesday, March 20, 2019

I started a vlog

Today I started a vlog! I wanted to create another place to share my project and progress with others,  I found that a vlog would show another side of me (because I'm almost never in front of the camera on my own projects) and would help me effectively communicate with a different type of audience that might also be interested in hearing about this type of project. There's no way for me to make a vlog about everything I've done to today, but I can record commentary on certain aspects of the project I'll be working on in the very close future. I plan to make each vlog about 1 minute to 1:30 long and spend little time on editing so that it's manageable moving forward. The vlog is complementary to my blog because I won't be diving deep into things and may not discuss some at all! I hope to increase audience engagement in my blog by breaking the rules of storytelling, I plan to introduce a post or story and invite the vlog audience to finish it by reading my blog! In addition, hopefully, this will help future AICE media students to navigate their own projects by using a medium (video) which they can interact and relate more than reading my blog (I hope I'll be able to change their mentality from "I have to read that?" to "this video got me hooked and I HAVE to go read that!"). While recording this very short intro, however, I found that this was definitely going to be harder than I thought; so if I'm short of time soon, I'll have to discontinue the vlog ðŸ˜…😬.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Begining

Hello! My name is Luis! I’m a creative extrovert that enjoys studying advanced management, business, and media. Welcome to my Media Studie...