Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Script Writting

SCENE 01 [writting a script] 

Fade in: 

Int. My house - Day

In Weston FL, a 16-year-old student learns to write a script for his AICE media class portfolio project, a two minutes film opening.

Dissolve to: 

Int. Online Blog - Night

A student writes a blog post in the form of script.

LUIS, an AICE media student and big Disney fan in his teenage years begins to write the blog post. 

LUIS
As you can probably guess by the formatting of my blog post today, I wrote the script for the experimenter's clip that's shown during my opening (a separate original clip I had to make). I've never written a script before so I researched different script/screenplay templates to help guide me through writing one of my own. My script is short but it delivers information I want the audience to have to start off because that info is a part of the promise made in the film opening, one which carries over into the rest of the film.

 I decided to make the experimenter's seen a self-taping in 1964 about the experiment, sort of a debriefing about the findings, but it's unclear who was meant to receive the message. I used a lot of my knowledge from AICE Psychology to determine what would be necessary to include in a very short synopsis of the experiment, even if I implied things (like not obviously stating the Independent & dependent variable, rather describing the experiment's set up allowing the audience who is interested in knowing that specific detail to put two and two together.)  

It didn't take me too long to write the script and a few revisions, it was ready to be acted! For the experimenter, I need a white male probably in his 50s or 60s, my dad said he knew someone who fit the description and I texted this total stranger through my dad's phone to ask him to be in my film opening, it was certainly an interesting conversation; however, he agreed! I'm hoping he can pull it off, but I also know that not everyone is an actor, I'm just used to working with people that can act (which makes my life slightly easier. *COUGH* Shout out to my friend Jake *COUGH*). So, on Sunday I'll be finally filming the experimenter! I think I might do some trial shots before then though to adjust lighting and maybe even use some of those when editing the project later!

-THE END-

Director's copy Revisions

Screen capture of the script on Google Docs


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Begining

Hello! My name is Luis! I’m a creative extrovert that enjoys studying advanced management, business, and media. Welcome to my Media Studie...