Thursday, March 28, 2019

Doing My Homework!

THIS IS THE RESPONSE I WAS WAITING FOR!! This is the continuation to my last post!

The explanation seemed far fetched so I decided to get it fact-checked. I contacted "THE SCIENCE & ENTERTAINMENT EXCHANGE" via their hotline, I left a voice mail explaining the curriculum, the project, it benefits, and my question; shortly after they called me back with an answer... In theory, this would make sense! They reached out to a psychology professor who had confirmed the need for a debriefing and the standard practice of recording the experiment via video & photographs. He mentioned some experiments like Milgram recorded the debriefing process, so the concept isn't far fetched. I was even given the "identical strangers" study in which Neubauer had Yale University lock away and seal the study records until 2065 as an example of a real-life study that comes very close to my film's experiment. The representative I talked to was super nice and excited for me being a young "filmmaker" who is "exposing audiences to important topics of conversation"! Since it was only a quick fact check and I communicated the purpose and nature of my project, I wasn't charged anything! I'm very thankful for this experience, so much that I gave a shout out to the science exchange on Twitter thanking them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Begining

Hello! My name is Luis! I’m a creative extrovert that enjoys studying advanced management, business, and media. Welcome to my Media Studie...